Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Stir-Fry w/ Rice Noodles

I have been slacking.....I made this last week.
I adapted this recipe from a Paula Deen Recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
  • 1 bunch fresh broccoli cut into florets
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 red bell pepper chopped
  • 1 cup onion, diced
  • 1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts (drained)---I forgot to buy these, I was very disappointed.
  • 1 cup chicken broth (I used more b/c I boiled my chicken before hand and shredded it)
  • 1/4 cup hoison sauce (found in asian foods section at grocery store)
  • 1 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. powdered ginger
  • 2 tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1 package rice noodles cooked (or rice...whichever you prefer)
  • 1 package frozen egg rolls (yeah...I slacked on that one...whatever)

Directions:
  • In a small bowl combine chicken broth, hoison sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
  • Heat 2 tbsp oil over med-high heat in wok or large skillet
  •  Add chicken and cook for 4-5 mints or until lightly browned, I boiled my chicken in 1 cup of chicken broth/1 cup water for about 45 minutes, drained it and shredded it, so when I added it to the oil, I added it with my veggies....
  • After chicken cooks for 4-5 minutes, add in broccoli, carrots, pepper, and onion, cooking for an additional 5 minutes 
  • Stir in water chestnuts (if you remembered to buy them...unlike me)
  • Add sauce mixture to wok/skillet and bring to boil.
  • Reduce heat to med or med-low and let simmer for 4-5 minutes, stir occasionally, until the sauce thickens and coats the mixture.
  • Serve over hot rice noodles or rice. (when I made my rice noodles, I mixed together another batch of the sauce I used for the stir fry to toss with the rice noodles.
  • During cooking, I baked some frozen "Chung's" Chicken egg rolls. 


Enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment