Friday, April 1, 2011

Easy Cheese Steak subs!

Last night I could NOT decide what to make. I thought about doing a soup and sandwich, but no soups were sounding very appetizing...I ended up picking something easy...cheese steaks....something my mom made us growing up, and very simple to make!

For a side, frozen sweet potato fries.....we went simple last night!!

Ingredients:
1 Box Steakums (they are found in the frozen food section)
1 green pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
1 bag shredded cheese (I bought Hot pepper blend shredded cheese for some spice)
1 pack of hoagies/subs

1 bag frozen orieda sweet potato fries

Preheat oven to 400 - add fries
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat (no oil needed...the meat has enough grease in it)
Cook 1 side of the steakum for about 1 min, turn over and cook for 30-60sec....remove from skillet
I cooked about 5 or 6 of the steakums and made 3 subs.
While cooking the meat, I added the onions and peppers and cooked them on the other half of my skillet for about 5-10 min.
When the meat is done, cut open your subs, add some meat, top with onions and peppers, top with cheese and wrap the whole thing in foil (leave room at the top so the cheese doesn't stick to the foil)
I put the subs in during the last 5 minutes that the fries were cooking just to add some crisp to the bread and melt the cheese.
When it's all done, remove the subs from the foil and plate!



Very Simple and Fast!!

Tomorrow I'm making pulled pork BBQ sandwiches for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment