Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oven Fried Pizza Puffs

After making the "Oven Fried Chimichangas" & dating a boy who grew up in Chicago, Jeremy requested I make a rendition of the "Pizza puff"..... I don't have a deep fryer, so we tried to "oven fried" method again. This is my first recipe I've really just made up...so bear with me!

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups cooked/chopped sausage
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2/3 marinara or spaghetti sauce (we used a Tomato/Basil sauce)
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
  • 1/4 pepperoni (I cut them in half)
  • 5 burrito sized flour tortillas
  • Olive oil or cooking spray


  • Preheat oven to 400
  • Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray or rub some olive oil on the foil
  • Mix together the sausage, cheese, sauce, onion, pepper, pepperoni, and italian seasoning
  • Put spoonfuls inside the tortilla's and fold closed so all sides are closed
  • Place the tortillas on the cookie sheet and either spray with cooking spray or rub with olive oil
  • Place in oven for 25 minutes

This may not look all that appetizing, considering I took it when I was almost done eating, but I wanted you to be able to see the inside of the puff!


Enjoy! We did!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great jumping off point for pizza puffs! I miss the puffs I used to get at Pop's in the South subrubs of Chicago. I'll give these a try!

    ReplyDelete