Sunday, June 12, 2011

Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burgers

If you know me, you know I do not eat hamburgers (not based on anything other than I do not think they taste good).....but I was craving something similar. So....ground chicken burgers it is. But I didn't just want a plain ole burger......So i started searching, and finally decided on Buffalo Chicken Burgers. I came up with the recipe on my own, and it could probably still use some tweaking, but they were still very good.

Ingredients: (makes 4 burgers)

  • 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 1/2 cup Wing Sauce (your choice on how hot)
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 4 Hamburger buns
  • sliced pepperjack cheese (you could use bleu cheese, but I don't like it)
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • condiments of your choice to top (ranch/ketchup/lettuce...etc)
Directions:


  • In a large bowl, add chicken, wing sauce, bread crumbs, and diced onion. 
  • Mix until well incorporated. 
  • Form the meat into 4 patties, place on a plate and put in the refrigerator for about 30min-1 hour to help form and stay together during cooking. 

  • Start the grill.
  • Place chicken patties on the grill, turning occasionally, cooking for about 15-20 minutes on med-low heat.  ( Jeremy cooked the chicken, I am not a griller)

  • Put the chicken, tomato and cheese on a hamburger bun and ENJOY!

  • We cooked some sweet potato fries as our side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment