Monday, June 20, 2011

My Mom's Meat Loaf

My mom made her own rendition of Paula Deen's "Basic Meat Loaf," It was delicious, so I wanted to make it. It has a little spice to it.....very good. Definitely good if you are not a HUGE meat loaf fan....I have never really liked it until my mom made it this way. 

Ingredients:


  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1.25 tbsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 10oz can of rotel w/ chili's (this is the difference between paula deen's and my moms recipes)
  • 1/2 cup quaker oats (quick cooking oats)
Sauce for Topping:
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. mustard
Steps:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • In a large bowl, mix beef, salt, pepper, onion, pepper, beaten egg, Rotel, and oats

  • Mix all ingredients well and pour into lightly greased loaf pan



  • Mix topping ingredients together, and spread on top of loaf



  • Put loaf pan in oven and cook for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min.
  • Let cool for a minute, slice and serve.

  • I served mine with a side salad and steamed green beans.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment