Friday, March 25, 2011

Peach Marinade Tuna Filets w/ mango salsa

One of mine and Jeremy's favorite fish recipes is a swordfish with mango marinade and salsa, so I thought I'd try something a little different!



Tuna:

  • 2 tuna steaks (sized to your preference, ours were about 6-8 oz a piece)



Mango Salsa:

  • 1 Mango cut up (Be sure not to cut the skin....to read the proper way to cut a mango, go here)
  • 1/2 an orange pepper (or whatever color you prefer...it just looked delicious at fresh market) diced.
  • 1/2 green pepper diced
  • 1 jalepeno (seeded and diced)
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • about 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro (use however much you prefer, I love cilantro, so I used a good bit)
  • 2 tbsp. Peach Nectar (usually found in the juice aisle)
  • 1 tbsp. lime juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix it all together and put it in the fridge....

Orange Pepper

Onions & Green Peppers

Mango & Jalepeno

Salsa all finished!!


Peach Marinade
  • 1 Cup Peach Nectar
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or a little less)
  • 1/8 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp. asian hot chili garlic sauce (found in the ethnic foods aisle)
  • 1 tbsp. molasses
  • 1/4 light brown sugar
  • salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the tuna filets for about 15-20 minutes.


I bought a little over 1 lb of sashimi grade tuna steaks (which was more than enough for 2 people). We were using a skillet to cook ours, but only because I don't have a grill (which is how I prefer my fish). B/c I bought sushi grade tuna, I cooked them medium rare (white on both sides, bright pink in the middle), but I know some people don't like raw fish, so cook as preferred!

I put just about 1 tbsp oil on the skillet and heated it over medium heat, but the steaks down, cooked them on one side for about 2-3 minutes, turn them over and repeat for 2-3 more minutes. (Again, cook longer if needed)

I removed the entire skillet from the heat and kept the tuna in the skillet to finish cooking for about 1 more minute.



I plated the tuna....topped with about 2 spoonfuls of the mango salsa, and served alongside some steamed french green beans!





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment