Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Balsamic & Rosemary Marinated Steak with Gorgonzola & Arugula

I found a similar recipe to this in Clean Eating Magazine, cut out how to make the marinade and accidentally threw away the recipe....oops, so this was my rendition - turned out pretty well. The original recipe called for bleu cheese crumbles (bleh) so I chose to use Gorgonzola instead!

Ingredients:



  • 1 lb top sirloin- trim fat
  • 1 cup balsamic rosemary marinade (below)
  • 2 tbsp peanut oil
  • arugula
  • crumbled gorgonzola cheese
  • sliced cherry tomato
  • olive oil & vinegar dressing
Balsamic Rosemary Marinade
  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 3/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp fine sea salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper

whisk all the ingredients together - refrigerate  (it will make more than 1 cup - so you can save some if you want to use it another time)



Steps:
  • Marinate steak in 1 cup balsamic rosemary marinade for atleast 1 hour (I marinated mine for about 2)

  • Heat skillet on medium high heat with 1-2 tbsp peanut oil
  • Remove steak from marinade, discard, and place steak into skillet

  • Heat steak 5-6 minutes on each side
  • Remove from skillet, to cutting board, slice steak in thin slices, against the grain.

  • Place arugula and tomatoes on plate, top with sliced steak, and top with gorgonzola cheese



  • We used the salad dressing on the side as to not over do it.
  • It was DELICIOUS- Jeremy loved it - that's always a good sign!
  • Enjoy!

I know it's easy to keep all my recipes online - but I have several recipes I have gotten from other places or from my mom and it's nice to have somewhere to keep them - my dad has started a business called "Bearly Memories" in which he sells memories boxes for anything you could think of, and he gave me a recipe box a few months ago. I have started transferring all my recipes over to the cards and taking pictures of the finished products to place in the box - I love it! So if you think about it - check out his website Bearly Memories or find his Facebook page Bearly Memories Facebook page and LIKE it.
Here are some pictures of my recipe box:



No comments:

Post a Comment