Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chalkboard Wine Glasses (not food....just wanted to share)

As you know....i'm pretty much obsessed with Pinterest. I found these and had to make them; fun and easy way to make sure you don't accidentally pick up someone elses wine glass, and easily washable!.....the instructions I found on interest used Spray chalkboard paint and I wasn't too keen on that idea, so I did some research and made my own........this is how mine turned out:


You'll Need:
  • Wine glasses (CLEAN)
  • Chalkboard paint (I got mine at Hobby Lobby - $3.50)
  • Light sand paper
  • Paint brush
  • Chalk (but I would suggest buying a chalk-marker---- I don't have one, but I heard they are much better and easier than regular chalk - plus I found after painting them, that if you push down to hard with the chalk, the paint can chip.

Steps:
  • Start with a very clean glass
  • Lightly rub the base of the glass with sandpaper
  • wipe off the base with a damp cloth
  • dry the base with a dry cloth
  • if you feel the need to make sure you have a straight line - you can use painters tape - I just guessed and mine turned out ok
  • paint one coat of paint onto the glass in a vertical direction 
  • let paint dry for 1 hour

  • paint another coat on in a horizontal direction
  • let dry 
  • let glasses set for 24 hours
  • use the side of a piece of chalk and rub on the side of the glass to "prime" it.
  • wipe the chalk off with a piece of a dry paper towel and then wash it off with a damp paper towel
  • Write on it with chalk (LIGHTLY)



No comments:

Post a Comment