Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream icing.

I got bored about a week ago with 2 days off.....so I decided to make cupcakes and these looked yummy. I adapted my recipe from For the Love of Kids and Food. The Icing came from Savory Sweet Life.



Ingredients for Cupcakes:

  • 1 Box chocolate Fudge Cake
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup oil


Ingredients for Cookie Filling:

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
  • 3/4 cup sugar (I use Splenda sugar blend - so I use 6 tbsp Splenda sugar blend)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
( I left out an ingredient--oops....but they actually turned out really good, so if you want to make them based on the person I got the recipe from - check out her link at the top of the blog)


Ingredients for Icing:


  • 2 sticks unsalted butter - softened
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract (I don't recommend using the almond extract that she says you can use, it doesn't turn out well - in my opinion)
  • 4 tbsp. heavy cream
Steps for cookie filling:
  • Mix together butter and sugar, when soft and fluffy - add in the vanilla and then the eggs
  • Mix together until well combined
  • In separate bowl, mix together baking soda, flour and salt
  • Add in slowly to the "wet" ingredients you mixed together in the first 2 steps, mixing until well mixed
  • Add in chocolate chips
  • Form together in small balls just like if you were making cookies
  • Place on a baking sheet topped with wax paper, place in the freezer (I left mine in the freezer about 45 min)
Steps for Cupcakes:
  • Preheat oven to 350, place cupcake liners in to your cupcake/muffin pan
  • Mix together cake mix as directed
  • Pour in to muffin cups, about 1/2 to 3/4 of the wall full.
  • Remove frozen cookie balls from freezer, press into the middle of the cupcakes, most will be covered, but a small portion will stick out the top (don't worry, the cupcake will cook around it)

  • Cook for about 20 minutes, then cool.

  • Once cooled, follow the icing recipe from the link at the top, and frost as you wish (or you could use whichever frosting recipe you prefer)
  • ENjoy - they were delicious, and I am thankful for co-workers to eat them so I don't have them at home to eat constantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment